Awaiting Renovations . . .

Hoping that my contractor will get to work on my major project soon.  The bed was taken down some time ago leaving some furniture along the sides of the room.  The job to be done is to rip up the old carpet and replace it with laminate flooring.  Then the carpet in the bedroom hallway will likewise get the new flooring.



The space in the hallway is just barely wide enough for my wheelchair.  The contractor will smooth surfaces and remove old door moldings that hit my knuckles some time.
My "Z gauge" model train collection along left side of hallway.
After all of that is done, we can move my hospital bed from the living room to my bedroom.  Try to regain some semblance of normalcy to the living room.

I have been successful at clearing bags full old papers that I had to review to see if any were all that important.  The most important ones were regarding the Stephen Moore Genealogy that I have been working on for years.  Magazines by the ton were thrown away, only keep my National Geographics!   Still needing to be thrown out are a lot of old books and binders that were work related.

Oh, did I mention that we have 30 ton dumpster parked in my driveway?


My son, Greg, has been a trooper in helping me with all these tasks.  Never knew that throwing away old stuff could feel this good!

Physical and occupational therapy have been occurring two to three times per week, and the therapists as well as myself are happy with the results, though I still get frustrated that I cannot do more -- especially standing and ambulating.  I still have to use a "slider board" to move from bed to and from my wheelchair and bedside commode.  By the end of the day I am really exhausted!


4 comments:

Brenda of Raleigh said...

Congratulations and keep up the good work.

Jay M. said...

I know this can't be easy. But I do understand the whole "get rid of it" campaign. I wish I had a 20 or 30 cubic yard dumpster, with a chute from the window to get rid of it all...as it is, 3 trailer loads to the dump, and you can't yet see the difference!!!

I am so glad that progress is being made. I am sure you are, too! Please know that my positive energy, and happy thoughts extend to you as all of this is taking place. It's not easy. I am very glad your outlook is positive. And thank God for your son!

Peace <3
Jay

anne marie in philly said...

looks good so far!

spouse and I will purge this winter as our "indoor project". my personal purges were in 1990 and again in 1999. it's time.

continued healing thoughts for you!

Ur-spo said...

lovely !