TMI QUESTIONS: SNACK TIME



SNACK TIME

1. Do you prefer salty or sweet?Actually, I have cravings for both.  Love salted peanuts and dark chocolate.  But I need to stay away from both because the salt leads to edema in my legs, and sweet is a no-no for my diabetes.

2. What was your favorite snack as a kid?
 Sour pickles.  I love sour pickles, which goes back to my paper route days as a teenager. There was a hot dog stand located where I picked up my papers every afternoon. They sold these giant sour pickles out of a jar for 15 cents. Every day I bought one and slowly sucked on it and ate it as I delivered my papers.

3. What is your favorite snack now?Sour pickles. At my local Harris-Teeter, they sell large whole Boar's Head sour pickles out of a jar in the deli section for 99 cents each. I usually buy 6 each week, and enjoy one in the evening before bed time. A couple years ago they sold Dietz and Watson large sour pickles out of a "barrel" which I preferred over the Boar's Head.

Cheese, especially Jarlsberg.

4. Healthy snacks are....?
Still not healthy, but healthier are 40% reduced fat Cape Cod Potato chips and Seneca apple and sweet potato chips.
Cape Cod 40% Reduced Fat Potato Chips   


5. Milk and what kind of cookies? Do you dunk?
I don’t eat cookies and drink milk.  The only thing I’ve ever dunked is a donut in coffee.
   
Krispy Kreme only, never  Dunkin' Donuts!
6. How do you eat Oreos?
Absolutely HATE Oreos!

7. What is your favorite movie snack?
Popcorn, especially Cape Cod Sea Salt popcorn.
8. Cake or pie?
Lemon chess and pecan pies are my favorite.  Also like coconut cake.
9. Ready Whip or Cool Whip?
Neither.  For those calories, it must be real whipped cream.

10. Potato Chips or Pretzels or Cheetos?
See #4.
Cape Cod 40% reduced fat potato chips.
Seneca Apple and Sweet Potato Chips.

11. Favorite kind of ice-cream - flavor and brand?
Harris-Teeter Premium Summer Peach.  Real chunks of peaches and none of those strange additives like guar gum!
12. Most unusual food you eat as a snack?
Sunflower kernels!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I gotta do this one, too!!!

Cool post.

Peace <3
Jay

anne marie in philly said...

dietz & watson are a philly company! :)

I have never eaten a KK donut, only DD. we have a local place that (so I have been told) makes great donuts; but you have to get in line at the buttcrack of dawn cause they only make so many per day. sorry, I need my beauty sleep!

#8 very southern desserts!

Ur-spo said...

snacking is now 'verboten' in my household, but I do enjoy the salty starches like chips (nasty).
As for doughnuts, I allow myself a few once in year in august, in Canada - Tim hortons!!