1. Pilot or navigator? I can do either, but I have always preferred to drive. However, I am content to be navigator or just passenger when my sons drive, because I feel safe and secure with them. These days, I rely on "Tom" as my navigator. He does quite well unless I forget to update his information with the computer.
2. Were you ever able to read a map? I love maps and keep them handy by all of my favorite chairs and my desk. I find a reason to consult them almost daily. Now I often consult Google Earth for even more information.
3. Can you sleep or read in a car? I can sleep if I am really tired and can trust the driver (see #1 above). No way can I read though because I easily get car sick. When I was a kid, I could not even ride in the back seat without getting car sick. Oddly enough, I can read without a problem when flying.
4. Driving in the snow is_________? Was fun years ago if there were no other cars near by. Now I am too old to have fun in the snow. Driving on ice, however, was always terrifying.
5. Music, talk or audio books? NO radio talk programs, but I do like having conversations with my passengers. If I am alone, I like to listen to music, often CDs when I can't get a decent radio station. Never have listened to audio books, but I've never spent enough time commuting to listen to them.
6. Pack a snack or road kill? Never do I pack a snack, although I make sure I have something to drink even if it is only water. By road kill, I assume you mean drive-throughs and fast food and yes, I am ready, especially at a Subway.
7. Direct or scenic route? On long trips, I take the direct route to get there in a reasonable time frame. However, I love to take scenic trips of the back country of my home state, North Carolina. And (#6) I might even stop at an unknown "Mom and Pop" restaurant if the parking lot is full.
8. Car games? Only when I was a child. Counted many kinds of animals and had to bury them every time we passed a graveyard, and thus start over.
9. Can you fix a flat? Well, I have "changed" many a flat tire, but not "fixed" them. I would take them to be "fixed" while using the spare. The last time I changed a flat was on my Volvo on my farm road. Forgetting what my mission was for that trip, I drove straight to the tire store, and bought a set of new Michelins, because I had already changed too many of the original "roadie" tires that came on the vehicle.
10. Have you ever been or picked up a hitchhiker? Never have I done either. My mother preached and preached that lesson into my head when I was a teenager.