Midnight Train To Georgia

 1.            Have you ever been to Atlanta? Yes, many times.  The traffic is horrendous (especially on the beltway), except for the time when the Olympics were in town.  The mayor asked the people to ride MARTA instead of driving and they did!  The MARTA platforms were crowded and the streets were empty!
2.           Do you enjoy traveling by train? I love train travel.  Once, I landed at the Hartsfield airport and took MARTA within one block of my hotel and the hospital I was consulting for.  Many years ago I took Amtrak from Miami -> Chicago -> San Francisco (Oakland) -> Portland, Oregon -> Chicago -> Albany, NY -> Miami (via NYC) – all in one trip!  Even in NYC, I took the subway from Grand Central Station to Penn Station, so that I could say that the whole trip was by rail.  Actually, the train only went to Oakland, CA and not San Francisco, so I had to take an Amtrak bus into San Francisco.
3.           "Midnight Train to Georgia" is Sam Winters' signature number at the karaoke bar. What's your go-to song when you take the mic?  I sing so badly in a monotone voice that the karaoke system would wilt and die.
4.           Do you drink tea? I love all kinds of tea.  For many years in Florida, I drank Lipton daily until my doctor told me that the tannic acid is what contributed to my kidney stones.  Now I primarily drink green tea daily.
5.           What's the most recent thing you purchased for your home? Some new towels.  For myself, a pair of Clark’s Natureveldt shoes, and for my computer a new mouse.
6.           Are there dishes in your kitchen sink right now?  Yes, because I have not emptied the dishwasher yet, but they will soon be in there.
7.            Have you ever been finger printed? Never.
8.           What was the last check you wrote? The hospital for some physical therapy I had last year.
9.           What color are your eyes? Blue.

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

wow, we have some things in common!

13 days til...

:)

Cubby said...

I would love to take a train across America, and across Canada too. It would be so relaxing compared to a car.